Woodblock Printing with BIG INK
November 12 and 13, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Art Complex Museum is pleased to partner with BIG INK to host a weekend of monumental woodblock printing. As part of the museum’s 50+1 anniversary, “The Big Tuna”—a one-of-a-kind, oversized, traveling printing press—will be at the museum for a two-day event.
Artists interested in carving a woodblock of at least 24” x 36” are invited to register.
- Participants pay $200 and must bring a fully carved and ready to print woodblock on their assigned day. (Max size: 40” x 96”)
- Participants are responsible for securing their own 1/2” thick birch or cherry plywood, 1/2” MDF, or 3/8” Shina. (These sizes are required.)
Registered participants receive:
- All consumable materials including paper, ink, cleaning supplies and equipment usage
- Access to BIG INK’s woodblock printing online master class
- Hands-on instruction during the event
- Three impressions from your woodblock
Registration: Required by midnight, September 4, 2022
Maximum 16 participants.